Dog Training 101: How to Teach Your Dog to do Practically Anything – the video series
Learn some basic training techniques you can use to train your dog to do obedience commands, tricks, and other cool stuff.
Other useful resources
- Why You Can’t Get Your Dog to Listen to You – Learn how to avoid some common dog training mistakes.
- 3 Reasons Your Dog Ignores Your Commands Outside – More on the “my dog only listens at home and ignores me out of the house” problem.
- How to Train a Stubborn Dog – Tips for training the dog who seems to ask “why should I?”
- Training Your Dog to Reliably Come When Called is Hard. Here’s How to Make it Easier – strategies and tactics for training this important obedience cue.
- Training a Behavior vs. Changing an Emotion: What All Dog Owners Need to Know – Knowing this stuff can help you avoid a lot of frustration and misunderstandings with your dog. Also answers the popular question, “is it okay to comfort a scared dog?”
- Does Food-Based Training Get in the Way of Creating a Real Bond with Your Dog? – Do you worry that if you use a lot of food to train your dog, they’ll only ever care about the food and not you?
Free online course: Dog Speak 101
This twelve-video course from the 3 Lost Dogs Academy will give you a basic, yet detailed, introduction to the wonderful world of canine body language and communication. And it’s completely free to join!